Longevity Risk Working Group
The mandate of the Longevity Risk Working Group is to:
• Monitor trends, topics and regulatory issues relating to longevity risk transfer products and report to CAPSA;
• Conduct research and analysis on the various longevity risk transfer products available globally and their potential application in Canada, and identify the potential risks for pension plans;
• Review and examine proposed and/or existing regulatory guidance on longevity risk transfer products;
• Assess whether Canadian pension plans may be restricted to the types of entities they may transact with for these longevity risk transfer products (e.g. insurance companies licensed to operate in Canada). Note that this may differ by jurisdiction;
• Identify topics and issues that may have relevance to related sectors, and confer with the Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR) and the Canadian Securities Administrators as required;
• Provide recommendations on whether CAPSA should produce guidance or other communications to stakeholders on these topics; and
• Identify strategies to deliver education and training to CAPSA on these and related topics, as required.
You can use the Document Search
feature to search for other publications from this Committee.