Multilateral Agreement Committee - Multi-jurisdictional Pension Plans
The mandate of the Multilateral Agreement Standing Committee (MLA Committee) is to support the adoption and implementation of the 2020 Agreement Respecting Multi-jurisdictional Pension Plans (2020 Agreement).
In advancing its mandate, the MLA Committee will:
• Facilitate the signing and implementation of the 2020 Agreement by all jurisdictions in Canada with pension legislation;
• Monitor legislative changes that are introduced across Canada, consider their implications, and recommend changes to the 2020 Agreement as appropriate;
• Develop and oversee implementation of Administrative Procedures under the Agreement;
• Develop and publish a Commentary Guide for the Agreement; and
• Conduct reviews and provide advice on disputes as outlined in the Administrative Procedures, as required.
The 2020 Agreement Respecting Multi-jurisdictional Pension Plans came into effect on July 1, 2020, between Alberta, British Columbia, the federal government, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan.
The 2020 Agreement replaced the previous 2016 Agreement Respecting Multi-jurisdictional Pension Plans (2016 Agreement) between British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan. The 2016 Agreement replaced the earlier 2011 Agreement Respecting Multi-jurisdictional Pension Plans between Ontario and Quebec.
All these documents along with supporting material (FAQs, Administrative Procedures, etc.) are available here